Photo courtesy of Catherine Carrara


Thursday DECEMBER 14, 2017

1:30 PM


Winter 100 Miles 100 Days Challenge


Petitions to have a name included on the ballot and the Consent Forms for public offices on the Annual Town Meeting ballot are due back to the Town Clerk by 5:00 PM January 29, 2017

(Previously stated as December 29)


NEW Information about The Shrewsbury Community Meeting House and SAGE (The Shrewsbury Institute for Agricultural Education) can be found on the COMMUNITY Page.




The CCC Road through Coolidge State Forest will be closed to through traffic beginning on


Gates at Black Swamp & at Route 100 will be closed

The North Shrewsbury gate will remain open for recreational access as conditions permit

The CCC Road is not maintained for winter conditions.



Do you need health insurance? Vermont Health Connect’s Open Enrollment period runs November 1

through December 15, 2017—and if you don’t have health insurance, or would like to make a change to

your existing health plan, Open Enrollment is the time to do it. Depending on your income, you may also

qualify for significant reductions to your health insurance premiums and/or out-of-pocket costs,

meaning that you can sign up for great health care that won’t break the bank. Not sure what plan is best

for you? Try the Plan Comparison Tool, available at:

http://info.healthconnect.vermont.gov/tax_credit_calculator. There are three ways to enroll: visit

Vermont Health Connect online at vermonthealthconnect.gov, call them at 855-899-9600, or visit an in person

assister. Just be sure to confirm your plan before December 15!



  Homestead Non Resident
Municipal $0.5605 $0.5605
Education $1.3514 $1.3820
Local Agreement $0.0003 $0.0003
TOTAL $1.9122 $1.9428



Link for

Green Mountain Passport

To be eligible for a life-long VT State Parks Passport, a person must be:

  • A legal resident of Vermont and the municipality where the application is made,
  •  AND either
    62 years of age or older, or
    a veteran of the uniformed services

Use your Green Mountain Passport for:

  • Admission to Vermont State Parks (overnight camping and other park fees are excluded)
  • Vermont State Historic Sites

To receive a Green Mountain Passport card:

  • Fill out an application at your local City or Town Clerk’s Office



CCC Road is OPEN


 OnLine Voter Registration Promo

Absentee Ballots can be requested On-Line at

My Voter Page Promo

by contacting the Town Clerk:

492-3511 / shrewsburyclerk@vermontel.net

For 2017 Vermont has enacted same day Voter Registration.



2017 Dog Licenses will be available the first week in January

 $ 9.00 for spayed or neutered

$ 13.00 for intact

 Late fees are assessed after April 1st

 Current rabies certificate is required.

You can obtain a License by mail as long as there is a current rabies certificate on file.

This is a reminder that it is a State Law: 20 V.S.A. § 3581 A person who is the owner of a dog or wolf-hybrid more than six months old shall annually on or before April 1 cause it to be registered, numbered, described, and licensed on a form approved by the secretary for one year from that day in the office of the clerk of the municipality wherein the dog or wolf-hybrid is kept







 Photos of the Jim Jeffords State Forest & Brown Bridge Dedication

Courtesy of Marilyn Dalick




VT State Tax Forms