*** NOTE TO ALL:
In BAD WEATHER, CALL TO SEE IF WE’RE OPEN: 492-3410!
Shrewsbury Library NEW Web Link
BOARD MEETING AGENDAS
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
2015-01-13 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-02-10 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-04-15 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
Library Annual Meeting May 12 2015
2015-06-16 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-07-14 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-09-08 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-10-13 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-11-15 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2016-03-08 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2016-04-12 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
Have you heard?
The Shrewsbury Library
will soon be offering
downloadable audio books and eBooks
any time, anywhere at
At this website you can checkout and download…
Adobe EPUB eBooks
Adobe PDF eBooks
OverDrive WMA Audiobooks
OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks
To checkout and download you need…
A valid library card Internet access
- A computer or device that meets the system requirements for the type(s) of materials you wish to download
- Free software for the computer or device on which you wish to use the materials available at this site
***PLEASE HANDLE DVDs WITH CARE; THE SHINY SIDE WILL SCRATCH!
LIBRARY NEWS for the TIMES OF SHREWSBURY, JUNE 2017
THANKS to the Shrewsbury Historical Society, especially members JOHN STEWART and GRACE BRIGHAM, for the CUTTINGSVILLE SCHOOL
REUNION, held in the original schoolhouse, now re-purposed and renovated as
Shrewsbury Library. The event brought alumni from as far away as northeastern
Pennsylvania (RICHARD THOMPSON) and as near as just up the rfor an afternoon of wonderful stories, laughter, and an appreciation of the education that Mrs. Stapleton and the village of Cuttingsville gave her students.
We are now ACCEPTING BOOK DONATIONS for the BOOK SALE on September 30. PLEASE BRING ITEMS DURING LIBRARY HOURS ONLY; DO NOT LEAVE BOOKS ETC. IN THE BOOK DROP or on the front porch! We accept books, audio- and video-tapes, DVDs and CDs in good condition only. We don’t accept textbooks, coloring books, workbooks, encyclopedias, or any materials that are torn, defaced, badly worn, moldy, or in otherwise poor condition. PLEASE TAKE THOSE TO THE DUMP!
Saturday, September 9 @ 6:30 pm: ANNUAL HAYSTACK DINNER & STREET
DANCE with the COMMUNITY BLUES BAND at SHREWSBURY TOWN HALL. (Please see our ad elsewhere in this issue for more information.)
Saturday, September 30 from 9 am to 2 pm: ANNUAL BOOK, BAKE & TAG
SALE on the Library lawn.
Sunday, October 1 @ 3 pm: AGING in PLACE with JUDY POND of NORWICH
AIP at SHREWSBURY COMMUNITY CHURCH. Thanks to JUDY EMERICK for organizing this program.
Sunday, September 17 @ 4 pm: FAMOUS BOOKS BOOK CLUB: Next book TBA
Sunday, September 24 @ 4 pm: SCIENCE BOOK CLUB: Seven Brief Lessons in
Physics by Carlo Rovelli. Books will be available at the Library; please contact Joan if copies have run out: 492-3550.
Wednesdays at 6:30 pm: QUILTERS’ GROUP: All welcome! Please call Donna Swartz for information: 773-7403.
New Books include:
- Naturally Curious Day by Day: A Photographic Field Guide and Daily Visit to the Forests, Fields, and Wetlands of Eastern North America by Mary Holland. Beautiful as well as educational, this book was purchased with funds donated by
- the Wilderness Society of Friends in memory of Joyce Wilson.
- Mrs. Fletcher by Tom Perrotta: A comic and moving novel about the misadventures of both a middle-aged mom in an “empty nest,” and her son, who has just left for college.
- Churchill and Orwell: The Fight for Freedom by Thomas E. Ricks: An historical meditation on styles of leadership, seen through the biographies of two 20th
- century figures.
- Conscience of a Conservative by Jeff Flake, Senator from Arizona: A provocative
- manifesto that intentionally recalls Barry Goldwater’s book of the same name.
- Devil’s Bargain: Steve Bannon, Donald Trump, and the Storming of the journalist.
- Presidency by Jesse Green. An exploration of the 2016 election by a veteran
- The Dark Vineyard: A Novel of the French Countryside by Martin Walker: The
- New DVDs include:
- first in an engaging series featuring Chief Bruno, food- and wine-loving sleuth.
- Orange is the New Black: Season 2: The next in this popular TV series.
- Trumbo, starring Bryan Cranston: A biopic about the blacklisted screen writer
- — Submitted by Joan Aleshire
- of Roman Holiday and Spartacus, among many others.